01 July 2008

Pulp Fiction and Penny Candy


So my life has been a mess lately...but the universe ploughs on.

Congratulations to Ann Kirchner on a wonderful opening of her show "Portraits and Pages"at the Brookline Arts Center. Go check out Ann's exquisite pastels and sewn pages.

I spent a wonderful weekend with Amanda and explored a great used bookstore in Sudbury, MA called Bearly Read Books. The delightful pulp fiction novel seen above was found there. I can't keep a straight face or keep from laughing when reading the backs of those books. This particular gem involved rival doctors, a violet-eyed nurse and an atomic research project. What's not to love?

I am currently working on my pieces for the upcoming Glovebox 8x8 Show and the Enormous Tiny Art Show at Nahcotta in Portsmouth, NH. I need to get back in the studio and get back into a creative rhythm. I've replenished some of my ephemera with some excellent vintage postcards and flea market finds. New work will be posted soon!

And finally, go see Disney/Pixar's Wall-E. You'll fall head over heels in love.