29 April 2008
I always seem to include chopsticks wrappers in my sketchbook. They are a talisman of sorts. I have always liked the tiny informational graphics on how to hold your chopsticks properly. Apparently I do not have the proper chopsticks technique, but I still manage to get most of the food from my plate to my mouth without embarrassment. It all depends on how hungry you are (or how enticing the dim sum is).
chopstick wrapper, photocopy, acrylic, gouache, and hand stitching
7 x 10"
copyright Kate Castelli 2008
Currently listening to
(or some songs that got stuck in my head this month...)
1. I Keep Faith -Billy Bragg
2. Family Snapshot -Peter Gabriel
3. If I Can't Change Your Mind -Train
4. Wonderwall -Oasis
5. Loving Cup -The Rolling Stones
6. Sleep Song -Graham Nash
7. Just My Imagination (live from Beacon Theatre) - The Rolling Stones
And warm weather always makes me want to listen to Crosby, Stills, and Nash. And Bob Dylan too.