26 February 2008

The impossibility of February


Why does February seem impossible? Today feels like a cup of Earl Grey tea gone cold while you were off busy doing other things. I have a Rolling Stones song stuck in my head and I am staring at a photograph my father took of two lambs in a field who are staring back at me. I think I would rather be barefoot in a field right now than feeling blank and barefoot in the studio. Too many things in my brain right now and I keep trying to tell myself to get out of my head and onto paper.

I saw this taped up in a friend's studio: "K.I.S.S = keep it simple stupid." Not very eloquent but quite true.

A soundtrack for the last week in February
1. Powerman (The Kinks)

2. Flying (The Faces)
3. She Smiled Sweetly (Billy Bragg)
4. Further On (Up the Road) Live in Dublin Version (Bruce Springsteen)
5. Whole Wide World (Wreckless Eric)
6. Solsbury Hill (Peter Gabriel)
7. My Interpretation (MIKA)
8. Moonlight Mile (The Rolling Stones)
9. American City Suite (Cashman and West)
10. Military Madness (Graham Nash)
11. Steppin' in a Slide Zone (The Moody Blues)

No comments: